Saturday, September 3, 2016

Hallmark 7

Growing up and being raised in the city of East Palo Alto, when I heard that we were going to be partnering up with one of their elementary/ middle schools I couldn't think of a better city that we could be helping out. East Palo Alto was one of the most dangerous cities in the Bay Area 15 years ago. One would always hear in the news that someone got murdered or always heard of violence going on. It is also no surprise that East Palo Altos population is almost all minorities. Working with these kids will give me a chance to be their mentor because there was a time in my life that I was standing in their shoes not knowing what is going to become of my life. This relates to Hallmark 7 " We develop Holistic Learning Communities which Educate for Life " since it states that " We provide an environment and appropriate training for leadership development. Personally, this Hallmark is something that I always find myself doing since I support growth in a person no matter if who it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment